Appliance Shop is committed to the protection of any personal information you share with us. This statement describes what types of personal data we collect from you, how it is used, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us should you have any questions. The information within this policy is subject to change, so you may wish to revisit this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect? We only collect information that is necessary and relevant in order to provide you with the products or services you request.
Personal data you share with us: We may ask you for certain personal data when you order from us, including when you purchase from the website or in-store, as well as when you sign up to our mailing list. The information we collect includes but is not limited to; Name (including title) delivery address, billing address, payment card details, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, personal data we receive from other sources.
In addition, when you contact us by telephone we may record the conversation for training purposes and to improve the quality of service we provide.
When carrying out deliveries our delivery team will take a picture of the front of your property and a picture of the items you've ordred in your property. They will ask you to sign an electronic proof of delivery.
If we must make a non contact delivery and we cannot collect your signature we will request to take a picture of you at the front of your property as proof of delivery.
We sometimes obtain information about you or your purchases from other third parties. These companies have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review these privacy policies prior to engaging with the third party in order to ensure that you are happy with them.
Personal data we collect about you
We will collect certain information when you use Appliance Shop websites and applications as well as our customer care centre. Some of this data does not identify you personally, but rather provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us. This enables us to to improve our services and make them more useful to you.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to;
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- The products you viewed or added to your basket Your IP address Your location (where you have permitted access to this)
- The Internet browser and devices you are using
- Any information within correspondence you send to us Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directory)
How do we use this information?
Appliance Shop will only process information that is necessary to provide the product or service for which it has been collected. We will always provide the option for you to choose not to receive marketing communications from us, and you can withdraw your consent at any time should you change your mind. We will never send you unsolicited 'junk' email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
Outlined below are the various ways in which we may use or process your personal data.
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you through electronic channels such as email or SMS about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected] or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by selecting the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may process your personal data to comply with any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
We may need to process your personal data to contact you should there be an urgent safety or product recall notice that we need to inform you of.
We may use and process your personal data where necessary in order to perform a contract, such as to fulfil and complete your orders and purchases.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
In order to support sales and/or queries, we may use your information;
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil any requests you make. For example, sending you information about a product or responding to a customer service query. Processing necessary for us to understand and respond to customers’ needs
- To develop and improve our relationship with you, we may use your information;
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services, including use of our website, applications, customer services and stores, in order to improve your customer experience. Where possible we will use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally.
- To undertake market analysis and research, including contacting you with customer surveys, so that we can better understand you as a customer.
- To provide tailored offers, products and services by post that we think you will be interested in. We will only send email marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so. We may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring, personalising and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when we have a new arrival we think you might like).
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To protect your personal information, we may use your data;
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer. For network and information security purposes, i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and further policies.
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
To support and promote Appliance Shop, we may use your information;
- To send you marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry or closed your browser with items in your shopping basket. You have the right to opt out of us sending you this information at any time. As a business customer, acting on behalf of said business or where we have obtained your business contact details, we may contact you with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of said business or where we have obtained your business contact details. In relation to any such information we send by email, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
- To show you targeted advertising online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us.To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us.
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us and to distribute prizes.
How do we share this information?
We do not, and will never, sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf;
Service providers who help us to operate our website and App, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you, including; credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, IT support, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, legal and other professional advisors, regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, where required companies such as Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the Internet.
This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our website. See our Cookies Policy for details. We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and are as committed to the protection of your personal data as we are. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to make your data anonymous or use aggregated none specific data sets wherever possible.
Due to the nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
These third party companies will also use your personal data for a variety of reasons; if you ever wish to have your data removed please contact [email protected] and we will ensure that the data is removed permanently where possible in line with the latest GDPR requirements.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access any personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and, in certain circumstances, ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. We will respond to you within a month after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to;
Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you Correct and update your information Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it) Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process that information Provide you your information in a structured data file, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your purchase
You can exercise your rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below;
Customer Services Department, Appliance Shop, 135 Heysham Road Morecambe, Lancashire LA3 1DE
Company reg: 04546333
VAT reg: 783832300
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live, or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below;
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF Email: [email protected] Phone: 0303 123 1113
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.).
For any users of this site who perform a login, a cookie is required for this login to function properly, and so we will take this as implied consent and hide the 'accept cookies' message.
Flixmedia partners with your chosen retailer in order to provide you with official manufacturer’s information about the product you are considering and is not an advertising service. Flixmedia processes your IP address solely to permit the delivery of the manufacturer’s video, image or text information but does not store your IP address as part of this service to your retailer and does not provide your IP address to third parties other than technology partners who support information display. Flixmedia does not process or store any other piece of personal information about you nor obtain any other of your personal data from third parties. If you have questions about Flixmedia’s processing of your IP address, please contact [email protected]
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|__utma||Google Analytics tracking|
|__utmb||Google Analytics tracking|
|__utmc||Google Analytics tracking|
|__utmz||Google Analytics tracking|